Backend Engineer (Node, .Net Core) (remote or in-office)
You'll be implementing web services (Rest, GraphQL, etc.), authentication mechanisms, state management to your applications.
We try to avoid monolithic sites and try to use everything headless&distributed where possible; along with frontend engineers, you will be architecting the service layer of these projects.
We expect you to write clean, testable, and maintainable code; pursue emerging technologies and methods; come up with ideas to do better each day. We run code reviews and pair programming activities and expect you to participate actively.
- Bachelors degree in computer science/engineering or any other related field,
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the field,
- Excellent understanding and solid experience with .Net Core and/or Node,
- Excellent command of SQL, understanding of ElasticSearch and NoSQL databases,
- Excellent understanding of web services (Rest, GraphQL, etc.), message queues, in-memory databases, key-value stores, etc.,
- Excellent understanding of micro-services architecture and distributed systems,
- Good knowledge of version control (Git), build tools, CI/CD, containerization (Docker, K8s), and ability to survive the Linux command line,
- Completed your military service.
Nice to haves and soft skills;
- Experience with Java, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with agile development and project management practices,
- Understanding of BDD, and software testing practices,
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Learner for life, self-motivated, self-purposed, self-starter,
- Good command of written and verbal English; we expect you to participate in conversations with international clients over Zoom, Slack, etc.
Please note that we'll ask you to develop a sample project for us (should not take more than 10-12 hours, we respect your time) as a part of the interview unless you are a regular contributor to open-source projects.